How I work
I work from a psychodynamic and psychoanalytic perspective, based on the principle that problems and distress in the present may stem from experiences earlier in our lives. Understanding them and working through the root cause of any difficulties can help to heal the emotional pain and to find the best way forward.
Counselling sessions last 50 minutes and take place once a week at a regular time. Confidentiality is paramount and you can talk safely without fear of being judged.
I offer open ended counselling as well as short term work. Open ended work can address a specific issue or a number of problems and leaves the ending open. Short term work focuses on one specific problem with an agreed end date at the beginning. Whether open ended therapy or short term work is more suitable for you can be discussed at the initial consultation.
I have been working as a psychotherapist for over 13 years. I have clinical experience working with clients in private practice, for WPF Therapy, CARIS Islington (Bereavement Service) and the Samaritans.
I trained as a psychotherapist at WPF Therapy, one of the leading counselling and psychotherapy training organisations in the UK. It has a reputation for both clinical and academic excellence.
- Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, WPF Therapy 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Studies, WPF Therapy and Roehampton University, 2007
- Certificate in Time Limited Counselling, WPF Therapy, 2007
- MSc in International Accounting and Finance, London School of Economics and Political Sciences (LSE), 1999
- BSc Economics and Management, Royal Holloway, University of London,1998
These professional bodies have codes of ethics to which I subscribe, which ensure the highest standards of confidentiality and professional practice.